The theme of the competition is "Undiscovered Gems", where 'undiscovered gems' refers to a short story based on your unpublished book. You are free to interpret the theme literally or as creatively as you like. The competition is open to all writers who have unpublished books so far undiscovered by traditional publishing houses.
Please read the submission guidelines carefully - we look forward to reviewing your writing!
- Monetary Prize: The winning author will be paid $500USD (Five hundred US dollars) or £350 (Three hundred and fifty British pounds), as you prefer, to a PayPal or bank account of your choosing.
- Assessment Prize: The winning story and up to five finalists will also be published on ExisleAcademy.com. The winner and finalists will be invited to send in their full manuscripts for priority consideration and free expert assessment from the Exisle and EK Books teams.
- Length: Up to 1200 words. Stories that exceed this length will not be considered.
- Originality / Permissions:
You confirm that the book your story is based on:
(i) has never been published online or in print
(ii) is an original work to which you alone own full copyright.
By submitting a story, you give Exisle Publishing permission to publish it on ExisleAcademy.com should you win or be selected as a finalist.
- Format: Send your article as a Word Doc (.doc) attachment to the email address specified below. Please do not send pictures.
Please send your submissions to: [email protected] with the subject "Undiscovered Gems." Submissions close December 1, 2021. Good luck!
Please note: By participating in this competition, you agree to Exisle Publishing's competition terms and conditions